Monday, May 5, 2008

We went to an orthodontist - who's office I left without seeing him. The guy made me crazy (talking to sales rep. the whole time they took my info and then seeing other patients ahead of us who came in after us -- who I later found out were unscheduled appointments after we made this appt. three weeks ago).
I think I've found someone else though -- they'll see Casey 8:30 Thursday morning. The guy she was seeing is starting to retire so he's only in the office 1 - 2 days a MONTH -- why would he have even taken on a new patient if that was his plan? I just don't get these guys!
Kevin hates the old orthodontist that saw the other three (he replaced another guy who retired whom I LOVED -- but we never got along as well with his replacement). THIS is only ONE kid - one appt. - one doctor. Then they wonder why I let them go six months complaining about something before I break down and try to find them a doctor to see them. It's TOO hard -- they think I just pick up the phone, make a call, VIOLA -- they never see all the calls I make while I get the recommendation, call and make the appointment, rearrange my own schedule to pick them up - get them there, check out the doctor/dentist/ seamstress-in-training , then decide if we like them or not and if not - I get to do it all over again another day -- for each one, for each type of doctor/dentist/ortho/dermatologist/ . . . .
It's more than anyone should have to deal with. Especially in a job that pays so little. We get one day a year to be told how much they appreciate us. That has to last us 364 days. I will never get recognized on a morning talk show, let alone Ellen or Oprah as the mother who never complains. If a woman can really do that -- then all i can say is they deserve the Oprah car more than I do. My kids would need a sound proof screen between me and the passengers seats if they don't want to hear me complain.
Besides, I'm holding out for the competition where the Mother of the Year wins the year long spiritual retreat in the mountains of the Hymalaya's. No cell phones, no television, no internet and 100% no doctor/dentist/ortho appointments because NO KIDS!
That should win me a Mother of the Year nod - eh?
I say Happy Mother's Day to all of us less than perfect mom's in the world. Let's go have a ladies night out to celebrate - and leave our cell phone, texting, emailing kids at home!

No comments: